So You Need to Replace Your Roof
Do you know how old your roof is? Has your roof been damaged by a storm? If there is extensive damage to your roof, it may be time to replace it. Roof replacements are not daunting or scary, they are necessary and can even be advantageous. When you roof is compromised by damage, replacing it may be the best route to take to protect the safety of your home and your health. For a roof replacement in Cincinnati, OH, rely on Allstate Roofing, LLC. We’re available right now to talk. Call 513-342-8544 for more.
Roof Replacement Benefits
While a roof replacement can feel like a hassle, there are actually many advantages to choosing this option. In the long run, it may be more cost-effective than constantly repairing your roof. Especially if your roof decking or insulation is compromised by water. Regardless, homeowners can experience significant benefits when they replace their roof.
- Curb Appeal: Choosing to replace your roof means that you are actively choosing to better your homes curb appeal. Not only that, but you’ll also increase the property value of the homes around you as well. Clean appearing roofs are not just safe, they are beneficial to your property value as well.
- Energy Efficiency: An older roof will leak air and water, causing your home to be less and less energy efficient. Once it is replaced, you’ll see a reduction in your energy bills. That’s because a roof replacement and insulation replacement will make sure your heating and cooling systems are actually able to work effectively.
- Cost Effective: As mentioned, replacing your roof helps your HVAC system work more efficiently. Even if you have the trane hvac systems, having a well-installed roof will ensure it works properly. More than that, you’ll need fewer repairs when a roof is properly replaced.
- Health & Safety: When your roof is compromised by damage or age, the health and safety of your household residents are also compromised. A leaking roof can result in wood rot, mold, and more. Replacing your roof will help reverse those effects and possibly prevent future damage.
Perhaps the two biggest downsides to a roof replacement for your home are the lack of tax benefits and the lack of insurance support. If your roof is old and you’re ready to replace it, unfortunately, most insurance providers won’t cover this. A roof replacement with insurance will happen when your roof is damaged by things like storm damage or other covered perils. And there are not a whole lot of tax benefits for maintaining your residential roof. You can’t claim a roof replacement on your yearly taxes to receive a refund. But, when you are planning to move, save those receipts. Keeping track of those expenses can actually help you tax-wise in the year that you are planning to move.
Roof Replacement vs Repairs
Why replace your roof when you can just repair it? That is an excellent question. In most cases, repairing a roof will be the much more cost-effective and less time-consuming option. As long as you are keeping up with regular maintenance, your roof will not need to be replaced for several decades. That being said, many homeowners fall behind on maintenance. It happens all the time and in those cases, repairs may not be the best option. Roof replacement is the best option when there is significant damage to the overall structure. More than that, you’ll want to choose to replace your roof if repairs will ultimately cost you more money in the long run. That is something to discuss with a roofing contractor, like someone from Allstate Roofing, LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I stay home during a roof replacement?
- That is completely up to you. Most roof replacements can take place while you are away at work, but if you feel you need to be at home, then you can stay. But it is not necessary that you be present for a roof replacement.
- What is the average cost to replace a roof?
- It will depend on the size of your roof and the material chosen, but the national average is between $260 and $700 per square foot.
- How do I prepare my roof for replacement?
- Move cars away from the home, remove any antenna from the roof, board pets that might get nervous during the construction, and just be aware that work is going on in and around your home.
- How long does a roof replacement take?
- Depending on how efficient the roofing team is, a roof replacement should only take a few days. Unless the weather is really bad, the process should not take longer than a week.
- Is roof replacement tax deductible?
- While replacing your roof can’t be deducted from your yearly taxes, keep track of those expenses. Having those expenses can help reduce your taxes in the year you decide to sell your house.
Connect With Allstate Roofing, LLC Today by Calling 513-342-8544!
When you need a reliable and efficient roof replacement in Cincinnati, OH, trust Allstate Roofing, LLC. We are the leading roofing company in your area and we are dedicated to providing quality roofing for affordable prices. Call us at 513-342-8544 to learn more and to schedule an appointment today.